I’ve been learning Spanish for around 3 years, starting from zero, nil, nada in any of the Latin based languages. My Spanish is still only conversational but it’s getting better, here’s how I did it:
- Check out YouTube pages for some basic 101’s to help you get started.
- DuoLingo – It just works, it feels repetitive but the words you learn on here stick. Now the courses go all the way to B1 (intermediate).
- Find a good school/teacher – In class/zoom teaching is invaluable as you get to ask all the questions and have other people to practice speaking and listening with.
- Watch and listen to as much TV and Music as you can, there are plenty of Spanish shows on Netflix.
- Enjoy the process, it’s supposed to be fun. This isn’t at school where you have to pass the exam and graduate. Take holidays in Spanish speaking countries, learn Salsa dancing, enjoy the TV shows, all will enrich your experience.
Hope that helps, love to hear your feedback in the comments section.